Postdoctoral Research Scientist-RNA Therapeutics-FDE
The Lilly RNA Therapeutics Team is seeking a hardworking postdoctoral scientist to join our growing, fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we leverage novel RNA/oligonucleotide based therapeutic modalities to enhance the Lilly portfolio. A postdoctoral research position exists within the RNA Therapeutics Group for an innovative researcher in the field of chemical biology. You will be responsible for methods to assess intracellular trafficking of RNA molecules which is expected to contribute to our understanding of RNAi as a platform to treat disease.
Primarily, you will develop and execute protocols for the quantitative analysis of subcellular distribution and confocal imaging of RNA molecules. The experiments will encompass a combination of conjugation chemistry, protein engineering, protein labeling, cellular imaging and RNA trafficking methods. It is anticipated that the research undertaken will yield novel methods and new information that would be suited for publication in high impact scientific journals.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
- Ph.D. in the area of cell/molecular biology, biochemistry and related areas
- Prior practical experience with cell biology and cell imaging
- Possess a solid understanding of RNA, bioconjugation strategies, and protein engineering
- Demonstrated track record for publication or presentation of research results
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration for up to 4 years
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply: Lilly.com career page Keyword 53480
The Stanford Chemistry Department is Hiring!
Position: Student Events Assistant
The Stanford Chemistry Department’s Seminar Program is a speaker series in which distinguished faculty in Organic, Physical, Biophysical, and Inorganic Chemistry visit the Stanford Chemistry Department to deliver lectures on their cutting-edge research. As a Student Events Assistant, you will be key to the overall success of our Seminar Program.
- Prepare and set-up coffee, tea, and snacks
- Assist speaker with electronics and audio-visual equipment setup
- Collect and record seminar attendance information
- Take pictures during event
- Notify office staff of any supplies that need to be refilled
- Organized, punctual, and responsible. Must notify Chemistry staff ASAP if you cannot make it to a scheduled shift
- Comfortable interacting with high profile speakers
- Have a means of transportation to the Stanford campus
- Available to work 3-6pm on one or more weekdays (number of hours and days are flexible)
- Available to start this position January 2020
- Is interested in networking with and learning from Chemistry faculty and Stanford public relations staff
The Student Events Assistant will be paid at a rate of approximately $15/hr.
If interested, please apply on Handshake
Intern – Thermal Protection Materials
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is looking to hire an intern to work in the Thermal Protection Materials (TSM) branch at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA.
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; and Edwards Air Force Base, CA. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k)-matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, short/long term disability plans, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Our website (ama-inc.com) describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is currently accepting applications for a motivated intern to perform world class research with a team of engineers and scientists at the NASA Ames Research Center (ARC). The qualified candidate will be a graduate student or qualified senior undergrad who will support laboratory work in the thermal protection materials (TSM) branch beginning September 1, 2019. In addition to completing the application on our website (www.ama-inc.com) candidates are required to submit 2 or more letters of recommendation.
- The successful applicant will be involved in building a new thermal analysis capability that will help to elucidate the fundamental decomposition processes of various composite materials, resin systems, and meteorites.
- The applicant will also have an opportunity to take part in experiments at LBNL using techniques at the Advanced Light Source to characterize the microstructure of various thermal protection systems.
Please apply here.
Global Product Manager - Energy Materials
Materials Science is a rapidly growing product area within MilliporeSigma’s Lab and Specialty Chemicals business. The product management team operates as the hub to coordinate product development, innovation, marketing, and commercial efforts. Our products include monomers, polymers, nanomaterials, electronic chemicals, thin-film materials, and the advanced chemicals used to make them.
Your Role: Manage the Energy Materials product line and drive its growth through collaboration with internal partners in R&D and Business Development and external partners in academics and industry to identify, develop, and commercialize innovative technology and products for energy and inorganic nanomaterials research.
The Energy Materials product line includes materials used for energy storage and energy harvesting and but also inorganic nanomaterials for bioassay development, diagnostics and imaging applications. In this role, you will manage the product portfolio, develop marketing campaigns, set competitive pricing strategy, and expand the product portfolio.
Who you are:
The successful candidate will have a strong background in materials science, energy and/or inorganic nanomaterials research coupled with scientific curiosity and keen interest in market analysis and product marketing. Further, the ability to recognize and cultivate technology areas that address unmet customer needs in energy and nanomaterials research- and to develop meaningful revenue-are crucial for this role.
Please apply here.
Department of Chemistry and Chemistry, Engineering, and Medicine for Human Health (ChEM-H) Institute
The Dassama Laboratory within the Department of Chemistry and Chemistry, Engineering, and Medicine for Human Health (ChEM-H) Institute at Stanford University looking to fill 2 postdoctoral positions with highly motivated and percipient candidates. Ideal candidates will have completed (or be close to completing) a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology, or a related discipline. Ongoing projects include performing chemoenzymatic syntheses of natural products, investigating transport of molecules across biological membranes, and modulation of transcription factors. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter that details research experience and interests, a CV, and to provide contact information for three references.
All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org