The successful candidate will plan and execute the synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecule compounds for evaluation in drug discovery projects. As a Medicinal Chemist at FibroGen you will work independently as well as of part of a team. You will contribute to drug design, develop new synthetic routes, perform SAR analyses, and stay up-to-date with the relevant scientific literature. In addition, you will maintain clear and accurate records of your experimental work and provide regular written and oral progress reports.
Research Scientist - For more information and to apply online.
Senior Scientist - For more information and to apply online.
QC Chemist 11/111
Serán BioSciences Inc.
Serán BioSciences Inc.
Our mission is to provide optimized drug development and manufacturing services for our clients, from Discovery to the Clinic. Our science-driven approach utilizes predictive design tools, novel chemistry, analytical tools, enabling delivery technologies, and a thorough knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements. We are experts in delivery of poorly soluble compounds using a variety of technologies including spray drying, nano-particulates, micronization, lipid vehicles, and salt forms. Our custom-built spray driers enable a wide variety of particle formation, from nano-structures to micro-particulates Our particle engineering approaches are combined with our broad expertise in solid dosage forms resulting in the optimum clinical trial materials for your drug, from suspensions to capsules to tablets.
o MS or BS in Science related field, preferred chemistry. 5-10 years analytical chemistry background
o cGMP experience with method development and validation o Individual contributor
o Experience with HPLC, GC, sink dissolution, and solid-state characterization required
QC Chemist II/III
o MS or BS in Science related field, preferred chemistry. 2-5 years analytical chemistry background
o cGMP laboratory experience o Group contributor
o Experience with HPLC, GC, sink dissolution, and solid-state characterization preferred
QC Chemist I o BS in Science related field, preferred chemistry. 1-2 years analytical chemistry background o cGMP laboratory experience preferred o Group contributor
o Familiarity with HPLC, GC, sink dissolution, and solid-state characterization preferred Currently around 50 employees
o Value teamwork o Science focused o Client focused and flexible o Friendly and outgoing team
Benefits covered 100% for employee
401k- contribution/profit sharing
Relocation package- if applicable
Development Specialist or Scientist
Want to use your skills and positively impact humanity by changing the paradigm by which bacterial infection is treated? Want to work on CRISPR technologies side-by-side with colleagues who are as intelligent and impressive as you, at a company with a strong trajectory? Tired of the outrageous SF Bay Area cost of living, but still want to live somewhere with an educated citizenry, a vibrant tech economy, and a progressive vibe?
Locus Biosciences (Research Triangle Park, NC) has an immediate need for a highly motivated and experienced applicant to join our team as a full-time Development Specialist or Scientist responsible for developing biologics purification processes and formulations, as well as supporting early phase clinical trial material manufacturing in an aseptic processing environment. This position is well suited for those that have demonstrated laboratory experience, with solid communication, technical aptitude and problem-solving skills. Experience working in regulated, pharmaceutical/biotechnology R&D (GDP, GLP) and/or manufacturing environments (cGMP) is beneficial, but not required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Designing and executing formulation development activities
• Designing and executing bench-scale process development activities, including set-up
and operation of development-scale bioreactors, filter trains, tangential flow filtration
(TFF) equipment, and chromatography equipment
• Development of analytical strategies to inform formulation and process development
• Performing laboratory assays
• Supporting tech transfer of new products and processes to ensure smooth transition
from R&D to process development to GMP manufacturing
• Forming strong relationships with all stakeholders, including technicians, associates, and
scientists to enable successful tech transfer
• Assisting in the preparation of batch records, protocols, SOPs, deviations, technical
reports, presentations, and other CMC documents to support drug development,
including INDs, BLAs, and other applications
• Gaining aseptic gowning and fill qualification
• Performing material handling and staging
• Practicing real-time documentation (such as batch records) during production run and maintain accurate records/logs according to GDP
• Supporting Qualification and Validation activities
• Identifying, communicating, and troubleshooting process issues
• Supporting team effort in the effective and timely completion of root cause
investigations and CAPA
• Supporting a high-performance teamwork environment
• Graduation from an accredited college/university with a BS, MS, or PhD degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Technology or related field, with some lab experience (required)
• Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or sterile production environment
• Experience in biologics (upstream, downstream, aseptic fill/finish) with working
knowledge of FDA regulations and GMP systems
• Experience executing SOPs and documenting work
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Technical writing ability
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. Openly shares
knowledge/information needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or CV, with optional cover letter, to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying expertise in polymer science, organic chemistry, photochemistry and polymer technologies, the photopolymer scientist develops and formulates photopolymer compositions, polymer blends and composites for use in 3D printers. Builds-upon and develops structure-property relationships between resin components and final properties of a fully-polymerized and postprocessed polymeric material. Develop new materials to create three-dimensional parts from such polymers.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Prepare, test and qualify formulations for use in 3D printers.
Identify, blend and qualify new raw materials for use in UV and DLP 3D printer technologies.
Use 3D printers to build test parts and optimize formulations.
Test and analyze raw materials and 3D printed parts. Testing includes measurement of including mechanical, thermal and electrical properties.
Independently plan and conduct experiments from feasibility to full product commercialization.
Work with the mechanical, manufacturing and software engineers to develop and integrate newly developed materials for commercialization. Participate in scale-up to production scale.
Identify potential new raw materials and coordinate evaluation with outside vendors
Share results and experience through written research reports and oral presentations.
To apply, please use the link below:
R&D Process Chemist
FMC Agricultural Solutions
FMC Agricultural Solutions is an R&D-based business, dependent upon the introduction of new products to deliver a competitive advantage in the agrochemical industry. Our business has a robust pipeline of new products that anticipate our customers’ needs and contribute to their long-term prosperity while advancing agriculture. The Process Development organization employs process chemists and process engineers to achieve its mission to develop the technology necessary to commercialize new agricultural active ingredients.
FMC Agricultural Solutions has an opening for a synthetic organic chemist at their global research center in Newark, Delaware. The successful candidate will conduct a hands-on laboratory-based program to design and develop synthetic routes for commercial manufacturing processes as part of an interdisciplinary team of process chemists, analytical chemists and chemical engineers. The role includes support of all phases of process development, with responsibility from early stage to commercial launch.
Establish research goals and objectives and manage an independent technical segment of an overall development project. Develop an understanding of corporate, business and functional needs so as to align their work with overall strategies and objectives. Adhere to required and approved safety procedures. The successful candidate will develop process concepts and cost analyses for chemical synthetic routes/manufacturing processes, design and conduct a hands-on laboratory-based program to demonstrate commercial process feasibility and to establish essential chemistry/engineering parameters, develop basic data, define operating conditions and critical limits, and establish safety and quality parameters for the commercial process from Discovery through scale up. Document and transfer technology, direct research activities at CRO’s, support campaigns at internal and external partners, and participate in the pre-campaign planning and start-up of commercial operations.
Announcement of Agilent Fellows Program
Agilent Technologies and the USC Michelson Center for Convergent Bioscience announce the Agilent fellows competition of 2020. This postdoctoral fellows program is accepting applicants to start in 2021.
The application deadline is December 15, 2020 and the selection committee will meet soon thereafter. Submissions received after midnight Pacific Time of 12/15/20 will not be accepted. For further information please follow the link: Agilent-Fellows-Program-Flyer-Oct-2020.pdf
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our R&D, pilot-manufacturing, and sales operations are based out of our engineering facility & headquarters located in the north Phoenix, AZ - Deer Valley area where we are producing hundreds of >3.0Ah pouch cells per week. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
The Cell Engineer at EnPower Inc is responsible for developing the next generation of lithium-ion batteries by carrying out projects from bench scale to pilot-manufacturing scale. The cell engineer will be expected to lead, design, and execute projects to advance the design of battery components (i.e. anode, cathode, electrolyte, separator, etc), and iteratively coordinate with the Cell Engineering Team to translate small-scale concepts to pilot-scale demonstrations of technologies critical to the growth of EnPower Inc. We are seeking candidates with a strong breadth of knowledge across lithium-ion technologies who have demonstrated records of executing projects to completion. Candidates with a strong experimental background in materials characterization, synthesis, and/or processing are welcome to apply.
Or send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Senior Research Associate I, Process Development
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for the Position:
- Responsible for developing chemical processes for the manufacturing of drug substances.
- Familiar with Pilot Plant operations and able to write master batch records and safety summaries with limited supervision.
- Plans and executes assigned experiments, with increasing independence, which supports Process Development activities and project goals.
- Executes reactions and makes key observations during reaction, work-up, and isolation.
- Pays particular attention to avoiding reactions and processes that do not scale well, such as distilling to dryness and flash chromatography.
- Gains a better understanding of how impurities are formed, tracked, and purged throughout the subsequent processing.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop strategy and tactics.
- Always works with safety in mind.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding project goals and methods.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve experimental results.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (ex: UPLC, HPLC, NMR, mass spec) and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem-solving spirit.
Typical Education and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry and 2+ years of industry experience (medicinal/process preferred) OR
- MS in Chemistry and 0-2 years of industry experience (Organic Chemistry Focus)
For more details and to apply online here.
Scientific Editor, Chem Catalysis
Following the success of Chem, we are looking to appoint a full-time Scientific Editor to join the newly formed Chem Catalysis editorial team. The Scientific Editor will work alongside the Chem Catalysis Editor-in-Chief, and play a key role in the development and launch of the first Chem spin off journal. We welcome applications from candidates with expertise in any topic area covered by the journal. Specifically, applicants with a background in homogeneous catalysis are encouraged to apply.
• Assessing submitted research papers
• Overseeing the peer review process
• Establishing relationships with researchers
• Recruiting exciting research studies and review material
• Representing Chem Catalysis and Cell Press at scientific meetings and visits to research institutions
• Building effective working relationships with colleagues across Cell Press and beyond
• Contributing to broader Cell Press initiatives to shape the future of science communication
As an Editor at Chem Catalysis, you will also have opportunities to contribute to broader Cell Press initiatives, advocate for science, provide thought leadership, and influence the practice and direction of science and scientific communication.
• Broad interests, love of science, and desire to learn.
• A talent for clear communication.
• Interest in digital communication and publishing trends.
• Creativity, willingness to experiment, and desire to improve.
• The ability to organize, prioritize, and focus.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• PhD in relevant discipline; post-doctoral experience preferred.
• Previous editorial experience would be welcomed, but this is not necessary (training will be provided).
• Background in leading or running a research group or working in industry are also encouraged to apply.
Cell Press is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and the position is intended for our Cambridge, MA office. However, depending on work permit status, we are open to having editors based in one of our Elsevier offices in the European Union. Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills, knowledge, and background could contribute to the journal. For more details and to apply online here.